Friday, August 7, 2020
I hope you are enjoying the summer break and not worrying too much about our proposed return to school. As ever it all depends on the Covid guidance from the HSE and the Government. Most importantly if you are going abroad to a non green list country let us know as you/your children cannot return to school unless you have also completed the 14 day quarantine on your return and are covid free.
Teachers will be contacting you over the next few weeks to discuss our return and answer any queries you may have. Please think about the following and ask for any clarification either by email to me, to Ronan our HSCL teacher, to Kirsten our SCP co-ordinator or from your child’s class teacher when he/ she calls.
- Entering and Exiting the school grounds
- Handover of children
- New Infant day curriculum – SPHE, PE, Play and Socialisation
- The school day
- Handwashing, sanitizing – at home before school and during school
- Class Bubbles and Pods
- Homework procedures
- Toilet procedures
- Yard procedures
- Daily washing and changing of uniforms/clothes
- NB – reporting Covid cases and contact tracing
- Wellbeing of all
- Importance of keeping lines of communication open
- Using Aladdin,the website and emails.
The above is only a suggested list – plenty of food for thought!
Have a great weekend, stay safe and please please follow the guidelines so that we can all remain healthy and return to school.
All the best